Friday, February 6, 2009

Catch up.

It seems as though I am doing more catch up posts than actual posts these days. Anyway, I have a few Movie reviews... Bangkok Dangerous and City of Ember (see below). I am reading Fahrenheit 4 5 1 in English. It's about a man who is mentally pushed to think in a society where walking was illegal and unsafe, large TVs are on every wall with literally mindless shows, books are burned by firemen that cause fires, and thinking is illegal. This may turn out to be the best book I have ever read(I am on page 18 at the moment). Today, I was singing in Women's Choir, and this beautiful line hit me like a truck sliding into a semi in the icy dead of winter(SLAM). Don't steal it. I am putting into the book I am writing.... "As she stood, the vibrations springing from the grand piano danced merrily through the sheet music she held in her hands, sending the notes strait into her heart." Any(I really do mean any(reasonably of course) suggestions for my story at all I could use. Thanks!
~Rayanna~

4 comments:

  1. I've heard of that book. It sounds good. I like your quote. I'm writing a book, too. I started one about two years ago, but after I got 7,000 words into it, I came up with a better idea in Chemistry and started over recently. This isn't what my story's about, but I thought it would be cool to write a story about an experimental society where people, unbeknownst to them, are guinea pigs in an anthropological experiment to see how society would be if...(like what if women were the society-norm breadwinners of the family and there were more stay-at-home dads?) And when the experiment failed, the people behind the whole thing could wipe out their memories and start all over again. If any of that is good, or if you can use any of it, feel free to take it. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I don't think that's my kind of easy write story, but it is a cool idea! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I won't write it either because it's too weird/sci-fi. I like writing fluffy, happy stuff better. My story right now isn't going anywhere because I don't want to make anything bad happen to my characters. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't get past the first chapter in the book Fahrenheit 4 5 1 .... I think my entire English class failed that unit because most of us did not finish the book. Bravo to you if you do! :) I found your blog via YaYa's and thought I'd come by and see what your blog was all about. :) Good luck with the book. :)

    ReplyDelete